From her nightmarish visions of polka dots that haunted her childhood, she would appropriate them and transform them into her signature pattern that would stay with her throughout her long and prolific career.
For Kusama Yayoi, the polka dot represents her "will to spread peace and love all around the world". "The Earth is a pea, the stars are peas, the Sun is a pea, my life is a pea among thousands of other peas," she said.
• Made in Portugal
• 100% organic cotton certified Oeko
• Weight: 190 gr/m2 (we have chosen a heavier and top-of-the-range weight, between 190 and 200 gr/m2 to give the t-shirt a better rendering in digital printing, a better hold of the embroidery and a much better drape)
• Short sleeve t-shirt
• Fitted style
• Round neck
• Pattern embroidered in the region of Paris
• Sewing pattern in Paris (France)
• Neck label: St-Étienne (France)
• Hang Tags: region of Paris (France)
• 100% biodegradable, environmentally friendly polymail bag
Cotton is a widely used material for t-shirts. However, to preserve its first-day appearance, even if over time it will tend to stretch slightly, it is important to follow a few care instructions:
Wash inside out preserves embroidery and printed pattern.